26 Apr, 04 > 2 May, 04
19 Apr, 04 > 25 Apr, 04
12 Apr, 04 > 18 Apr, 04
You are not logged in. Log in
Entries by Topic
All topics  «
TheRob's Irrational Writings
Monday, 12 July 2004

Plenty has happened since I last penned an entry, and I don't really like it. The day I wrote my last entry, I sauntered outside to discover my car missing. Someone, or a group of people, had stolen it. The police found it abandoned and trashed two days later at 415 Quincy in Kansas City, Missouri. Yes, someone took it all the way from Lenexa to East Kansas City. Of course, it got towed, so I had to forego sleep in order to go to the car lot (by the Truman Sports Complex, "two lefts and a right" the woman at the tow office told me, with a major attitude). The thieves, or perhaps a passerby, had decorated the hood with a gang-related symbol. Most everything I had in the car had been taken. The perpetrators punched the steering column and removed the ignition. They took the stereo and left the interior in such a state of disrepair, the insurance company declared the car a total loss. So, I've had to spend money on a car I did not save for. To the thieves, who will likely never face justice, if I catch you, my punishment of choice involves tying thirty-pound cinder blocks to your balls.

On the radio and TV front, very little has happened. I saw "Anchorman", and it made me laugh sporadically. It's not much of a movie, though. I likened it to a series of short skits slammed together.

Could the Royals have regressed any faster than they did in the first half of the 2004 season? We knew Beltran would not finish out the season in Kansas City. But I didn't think there would be a point where our leadoff hitter would bat an enchanting .199, and he wasn't even the second-worst hitter in the lineup. We should not have counted on Brian Anderson, never more than a #3 starter, as our ace. Every time I see Anderson pitch, I gain confidence that I can take him 400 feet. To Juan Gonzalez, I have a bad back too, but it doesn't prevent me from doing my job.

Posted by kcradio at 8:50 PM CDT
Post Comment | Permalink

View Latest Entries